While perusing a magazine in a doctor's office last week, I came across a quote that really got my attention. It read:
I try to end each day saying, 'I am glad I did, rather than I wish I had.'
So I started making a list of the types of choices I should make if I want to be able to say "I am glad I did" more often at the end of the day. They included:
- Linger in a good conversation a minute or two longer
- Perform a simple deed of kindness as anonymously as possible
- Take on my most difficult work tasks first-not last
- Read the extra chapter to my youngest daughter at night
- Eat foods that help my body perform better-and improve my sleep at night
- Address the needs of a coworker or family member without being asked
- Take care of a small problem, thereby preventing it from becoming a BIGGER problem
- Reflect on my work and life for 5 minutes, especially outside on a clear Spring night as I gaze up at the stars
- Enjoy a good laugh with a family member
What would be on the list of choices you would make?