How To Fail In Times Of Change
A recent article in the USA Today had a number of practical tips about how to fail in times of change. Although the article was created for entrepreneurs, the advice is good for any individual or organization seeking better results in times of change. Some of the tips included:
- Fail fast. Develop ideas quickly and then get them out the door. Facebook and Google have specific plans to try new things quickly.
- Fail forward. Fail in a way that moves you or your company into new products or services.
- Fail smart. Failure is useful only if you are learning something from it.
- Fail cheap. Launch the smallest viable version of what you need to get the job done.
- Fail with integrity. People who worked with you this time will most likely be willing to work with you again if they believe you are person who can be trusted.
Using these tips won't keep you from failing, but it can help ensure that any failure is a step in the right direction toward making the change a reality.
You can read the entire article by clicking here.